Monday, March 24, 2008

Wicked!












We just took the funnest trip to sunny California!!! Ryan's Valentine's gift to me was getting tickets to see the broadway show Wicked in L.A. So we decided to spend a few more days there. We got to go to the beach, which was by far Cecily's favorite thing. She LOVED digging in the sand and even crawled straight into the water. I think it shocked her a bit, it's definitely not a Hawaii beach, but she didn't cry, she just wiped the water off her face and kept playing. We also went to Knott's Berry farm. Hey, it's not Disneyland but it's a whole lot better than Lagoon!!! Ryan and I took turns riding the rollercoasters, and it worked out great because no one was there! We walked straight up to the ride And Cecily went on some of her first rides. She seemed pretty uninterested, it was nothing compared to the beach apparently. The last day there we got to go on The Price is Right!!! I have always wanted to be on the show! My friend that lives there got group tickets for a friend of hers turning 30. We all had bright pink shirts, and thought for sure one of us would be a contestant, but no luck. And we had to wait from about 11am until it filmed at 4pm. It was pretty overrated, but I'm glad I got it out of my system. The Highlight of the trip was definitely seeing Wicked. What an incredible production! When it comes to SLC we are going again! We've been listening to the music and now it's stuck in my head all the time! It was a fun time, but...there's no place like home........

3 comments:

Amberlee said...

AHH shoot- I miss you guys- especially "wido" (is that how you'd spell it?) I love hers in hers swimming suit! I am thrilled that you guys are doing this! We love you!

Tiff and Rand said...

I LOVE Wicked! It's my all time favorite Broadway ever. I saw it in Chicago, I went to the Oprah Show and it was a bit like your Price is Right experience, fun but overrated. I liked Wicked better! Anyway, it sounds like you guys had such a fun trip. I'm glad you had a good Easter and LOVE that you now have a blog!

the gray gang said...

I love your blog! I think those pictures at the beach are AMAZING!!! You look like a model in that last one with Cecily! I can't wait to have our "lady fingers night" Have a GREAT day! LOVE YA!