Thursday, November 19, 2009

Fall Time Fun

Here's a quick recap of some of the fun things we've done this fall....

Ryan's Birthday
Ryan turned 33 on October 6!!! We went to dinner at Carver's and then my brother Adam and his wife Denise, and our friends Dave and Melissa met us at Boondocks for Laser tag and video games. For whatever reason, all the video games were free that night. It was hilarious to watch grown men get as excited as a 10-year-old!!!






Just for fun

Went boling just for the heck of it one afternoon with Nani and Opa and Amelia and lots of cousins!




Another random day we all went to the "Jumpy Place"

I love Cecily's face in this picture!!



The Witches at Gardner Village

My mom, Amelia, Denise, and I and our kids went to see the witches at Gardner Village, and found this awesome jack pot of leaves and got into a sweet leaf fight. I think my mom won!!





This is what Cecily talked about all day afterwards, though--the pony ride. She's for sure gonna ask for a pony for her birthday someday!!


By the way, yes, Cecily demanded she wear her Cinderella Halloween costume, and after a huge fight I decided this was one battle that I didn't have to win. We had had a really rough night the night before, Ceci threw up all night and I didn't get an ounce of sleep so it just wasn't worth it. Which leads me to the next bit of fall fun.....

Getting sick!!!
She got a really bad cold one day, and was really wheezy--of course it was on a Sunday, so the on-call Dr recommended we take her to Primary Children's. After waiting for 3 hours, and still not getting in, I decided to leave--I had had it with all the sick kids around her. I took her to her Dr first thing the next morning and they gave her a breathing treatment and prescribed a steroid and this little inhaler!!! Her symptoms were asthmatic, but the Dr won't diagnose her as an asthmatic until she's four because chances are she'll grow out of it. I SO hope that's the case. I thought it was funny that she was a just like her daddy with the inhaler!! Since then, she hasn't needed it, though. So far so good...




Went golfing one night for family home eveing.




Ryan got his new company car, a Toyota Camry. We love it!




Carving Pumpkins!


Barn Yard Boo at Thanksgiving Point
This was a fun little "carnival" style activity perfect for Cecily's age.
Cecily's scariest Halloween face!


This silly little maze was cec's favorite thing! She ran through it probably ten times! Good thing kids are so easily entertained. This alone got us our money's worth!


Decorating a cookie that mommy ended up eating....woops








Hee Haws
For any of you who haven't heard of Hee Haws Farm in Lindon, you've got to go next fall. It is the best place for fall time fun!! They've got a real hay ride pulled by a tractor that we thought was gonna die on us--it kept sputtering and made us all laugh--they've got a huge slide of plastic on a huge hill of hay that you slide down on a potato sack; animals the kids get to chase around, a pony ride (Ceci's Favorite!), a corn pile the kids buried themselves in, and tons more fun stuff. I was so sad we didn't get to spend much time there, it got dark soon after we got there. But really, my favorite thing we did the whole season!!!




No comments: